Vision for Europe is the annually bestowed award for distinguished personalities, who have, in the course of their lives, devoted substantial efforts to the establishment and development of European ideals such as strengthening peaceful cooperation among European nations, developing a fair institutional arrangement of European integration, making European integration more accessible to European publics, and overcoming prejudices and misconceptions related to the integration process.
Vision for Europe Awardees:
- 2016: Wolfgang Wessels, German political scientist, holder of the Jean Monnet Chair ad personam for Political Science since 1990
- 2017: Timothy Garton Ash, British historian, author and commentator, Professor of European Studies at the University of Oxford
- 2019: Mikuláš Dzurinda, former Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs of Slovakia, President of the Wilfried Martens Centre for European Studies
- 2020: Margot Wallstrom, former First Vice-President of the European Commission and Deputy Prime Minister of Sweden
- 2020: Federica Mogherini, former High Representative of the European Commission, Rector of College of Europe
- 2021: Borut Pahor, President of Slovenia